There will not be a direct replacement for Dottoro Theme services within Dottoro's product portfolio.
It is recommended that you consider alternative vendor solutions as early as possible.
We understand that this announcement may be unwelcome news to you and your organization.
We want to thank for your loyalty and support, and we are very grateful in having you as our customer.
We hope you will find the right replacement solution during your time of transition.
Packed with Features
They make themes better
In accordance with today's needs Dottoro Theme comes with a wide range of media and image handling features:
- You can create multiple galleries for every page and post.
- Every gallery can contain images (media uploaded via the WordPress media dialog), pages and posts and any custom HTML content such as YouTube and Vimeo videos.
- Galleries can be displayed as a (static) list in the content, as a slideshow and they can also be shown in popup windows (lightbox slideshow).
- Post template give you full control over the look and feel of posts and media. You can specify the size and alignment of thumbnails, what meta data you want to display and much more for every slideshow and listing.
- In WordPress, you can select a featured image for every page and post. This feature has been extended in the Dottoro theme. You can select two images, one for the single post page and one for post listings.
In the Dottoro theme, you can create multiple galleries for every page and post on your site and global galleries are also supported.
Every gallery can contain images (media uploaded via the WordPress media dialog), pages and posts and any custom HTML content such as YouTube and Vimeo videos.
Galleries can be displayed as a (static) list in the content, as a slideshow and they can also be shown in popup windows (lightbox slideshow).
Additionally, it is also possible to query for posts and display them in a list or slideshow. For instance, you can display the latest 5 blog posts in a slideshow.
Thanks to the extremely flexible template system of the theme, you have full control over the look and feel of the listings and slideshows.
Dottoro Theme provides a totally unique and extremely flexible way for creating slideshows.
You can choose from two basic slider types: single and scroller (carousel), and with the help of the Dottoro template system you can specify what and where you want to display.
You can place the navigation buttons below, next to, or above the slides, the play/pause button over the slides, etc.
The template system gives you full control not just over the main components of a slider, but also over the look and feel of the slides.
Images, videos, pages and posts and any custom HTML content can be displayed in slideshows and with the help of post templates you can specify what data and where you want to display.
Image titles and descriptions, post thumbnails, titles, excerpts, categories and tags, authors, custom fields can all be displayed.
Post and Media Listings
There are two ways to display post/media lists on your pages.
If you have a gallery that you want to display as a list in the content, you can use the gallery_list shortcode for that purpose.
It allows you to specify the gallery or galleries you want to display, the number of columns of the list, the post templates you want to use for the list items and much more.
The other option for displaying a post list is to query for posts and display them as a list. The post list pages and shortcodes have been designed for this purpose and provides full control over the look and feel of the post list.
Dottoro theme makes it easy to display galleries in popup slideshows. You can add multiple galleries to every page and post and every gallery can be displayed as a popup slideshow:
- When you insert an image via the WordPress media dialog into the content of a page or post, you will find an "overlay" and "galleries" option on the right hand side of the dialog. The "overlay" option allows you to select an overlay for the image, and if the selected overlay contains a [gallery_button] shortcode, then clicking on the gallery button opens a popup slideshow displaying the gallery or galleries specified by the "galleries" option.
- The [popup_opener] shortcode allows you to add any HTML content to your pages that opens a popup slideshow. The "gallery_popup" attribute specifies the identifier of the popup slideshow you want to use to display the gallery/galleries specified by the "galleries" attribute.
- The [gallery_button] and [popup_opener] shortcodes can be used not just on single post pages but also in post lists and slideshows. Popup slideshows opened from post lists/slideshows can display single post galleries and merged galleries as well, based on the "Separate Galleries" option of the post list/slideshow.
In WordPress, you can select a featured image for every page and post.
This feature has been extended in the Dottoro theme.
You can select two images, one for the single post page and one for post listings and slideshows.
In addition, post thumbnails can be displayed at any custom sizes not just at the standard WordPress image sizes and you don't need to worry about performance issues.
The theme only creates custom size images the first time they are needed.
Media support for
In most themes, attachment pages cannot display flash and video media just images.
In the Dottoro theme, attachment pages work as expected for all media types.
So for instance, you can enable visitors to leave comments on video attachment pages.