Dottoro Theme Documentation
Tutorial to get your theme to work
16. Overview of galleries, gallery listings and slideshows
Dottoro Theme provides a totally unique and extremely flexible way for creating galleries and displaying them as slideshows and lists.
The concept is as follows:
- A gallery is a collection of items that you want to display.
- You can create multiple galleries for every page and post and global galleries can also be created.
- Each gallery can contain any number of images, videos and other media, slides, pages and posts. Self hosted (attachments) and external media (such as YouTube and Vimeo videos) are also supported.
- Every single gallery or even a group of galleries can be displayed as a list (similar to post list), as a slideshow and they can also be shown in popup windows.
You have full control over the look and feel of the slideshows and listings.
You can choose from two basic slider types: single and scroller (carousel), and with the help of slideshow templates you can specify what slideshow components and how you want to display.
You can place the navigation buttons below, next to, or above the slides, the play/pause button over the slides, etc.
The template system gives you full control not just over the main components of a slideshow, but also over the look and feel of the slides.
Images, videos, pages and posts and any custom HTML content can be displayed in slideshows and with the help of post templates you can specify what data and where you want to display.
Image titles and descriptions, post thumbnails, titles, excerpts, categories and tags, authors, custom fields can all be displayed.
This is true not just for the slides but also for custom navigation buttons (you can choose from some simple navigation types - disc, rect, numbered, thumbnail - and you can also use custom ones).
Moreover, it is also possible to put the navigation buttons into a nested slider. This is extremely useful for custom navigation buttons and/or when there are a lot of navigation buttons.
For nested sliders, the same options are supported as for main sliders. Previous and next buttons, autoplay, and nested sliders can also have navigation buttons.
You can specify the number of columns, the rendering order and with the help of post templates you can totally customize the look and feel of each item in the list.
Similar to slideshows, images, videos, pages and posts and any custom HTML content can be displayed in listings and you can specify what data and where you want to display.
Not just galleries can be displayed as a list or slideshow. It is also possible to query for posts and display them as a list or slideshow.
For instance, you can display the 5 latest blog posts in a slideshow on your homepage.